Monday, August 15, 2011

Laziness, I fear, might be a dominant genotype

What do you do when you are a slave of your mind?
You sit and watch your boat (of life) sail by, further and further and further away from the dock of your dreams and goals.

I just discovered a very yummy recipe for a very lazy type of meal. As follows:

Cheapy n Tasty Steamed Corn
1 can of whole kernel corn
Salt and butter to taste

Open the can, drain and warm up the corn. Warming by steam is preferred, however a microwave would work too. Avoid boiling the corn in water (that would give you tasteless and nutrition-less corn). Add lots of butter and a pinch of salt. Mix. Sit back and enjoy while you blog, read or watch TV.

Today, I was caught by a sympathetic colleague while eating the same food for lunch from 3 days back. Although, it was prepared in such away that it can be preserved for several days, she took pity on me and offered (forcefully) to bring me lunch tomorrow despite objections.


This is the latest addition to my room decor. A curious gift, but one that perfectly suits a curious creature as I. I have managed to assemble it while the family was away, as junior might find joy in taking a bird bath in it or introduce foreign material to the setup. The sound of running water, apart from serving as a timely reminder to pee regularly, has a very soothing effect. I must admit, it sets a great atmosphere to write. All I miss now is sound of birds chirping away (the air conditioning can replace a cool breeze).

Last night my computer crashed in an attempt to fix a malfunctioning phone. I was forced to reformat it on my own. All this while I had never attempted a reformat out of several imagined situations, where things might go wrong and I'll end up without a laptop. Regardless of gender, I think it is important for all to try to learn to change a bulb, reformat a computer, change a tyre, change a diaper, cook a meal and sew a tear (who knows when it might save you an inconvenience?). Anyway, I had failed to create a backup of my documents recently, so a lot of important documents, chat logs, cherished photos and videos have been lost. Then again, life goes on, with or without your important files. We adapt to circumstances.

Through life's hardships, debts and obligations, one must not forget to live a little. So today, I said yes to a friend who wanted to buy discounted tickets to a themed water park. Guess my haircut will have to be sacrificed this month to make up for additional entertainment costs. Now that wasn't a difficult choice to make!

My computer tricked me into sleeping an hour early last night. Instead of 10:45pm, it read 11:45pm and that was enough to send me running off to bed in disappointment as my "pre-Monday blues" had already kicked in by then.

But not tonight, you evil thing.


1 comment:

  1. I say, thank the thoughtful computer for that extra hour of sleep!

    ReplyDelete

Social Privilege

Not all of us are born to the same circumstances. There will always be differences in social status, which is determined by factors such as ...